Need to find a talk? See the thematic list below (click on the title to view/listen):
- Talks in other languages (see the bottom of this page)
- John Lennox on the Rick and Bubba Show
- Saving America’s Future
- An Evening with John Lennox and Larry Taunton
- Interview with John Lennox for Evangelical Focus
- John Lennox on C. S. Lewis
- Science and God
- Does the world matter to God? Why should it matter to us?
- The loud absence: where is God amidst evil and suffering?
- Is belief in the supernatural irrational?
- Has science buried God? (ASU, 2016)
- Why atheists are missing the target
- The beauty of mathematics
- Evening Conversation with John Lennox
- Hawking and Dawkins: Is God a delusion?
- Daniel: Standing Strong for God in a Secular Society
- Science and faith: friendly allies, not hostile enemies
- Faith and Reason
- How can Jesus be both God and Man?
- Who created the creator?
- Suffering and evil
- Evil done in the name of religion
- Science and miracles
- God of the gaps?
- “God is not a solution”
- The science versus religion myth
- Is God a dictator?
- What is apologetics?
- The limits of science
- Same evidence, different conclusions
- Good without God?
- Is Christianity against progress?
- 2013 Parliamentary Breakfast: God and Science in the 21st Century
- Oxford Union Debate
- Lent talk on science and faith
- 2015 Pascal Lectures
THE MEANING OF LIFE
- Why God? Do we need God in the good times? Can we trust God in the hard times?
- Why are we here? God, life and the pursuit of happiness
- Search for Success
- Is God relevant?
- The Search For Meaning: Science and God
- The Pursuit of Purpose
- Christianity and the Tooth Fairy (MSU, 2015)
- Christianity and the Tooth Fairy (UCLA, 2011)
- God: Fact or Fiction?
- Does Rationality Lead us Away from God?
- Doubt and Confidence: A Biblical and Scientific Perspective
- Axioms and Inferences: a Mathematician thinks about faith
- Is God a delusion? What does science have to say?
SCIENCE AND RELIGION
- Cosmic Chemistry: Do science and religion mix? (UF)
- Has Science made God Irrelevant?
- Do God and science mix?
- Has science buried God?
- Should Christians fear science?
- Does science need God? (discussion with John Ciorciari)
- Seven Days that Divide the World (Genesis 1)
- Do the laws of physics make God unnecessary?
- Is Darwinism the cause of secularism?
- God versus science?
- Did science bury God?
- Workshop on science and faith (funded by the Templeton Foundation at the University of Ulster)
- The 2014 Butler Lecture (Felsted School)
- Will science ever find God’s fingerprints?
- Has Science Buried God? Rice University
- Making sense of the universe
- Are we alone in the universe? (discussion with Paul Davies)
- A universe from nothing?
- Science, the universe and the God question (with Lawrence Krauss)
- A matter of gravity: God, the Universe and Stephen Hawking
- Pain: Illusion or Truth?
- The nature of evil and suffering (discussion with Michael Shermer
- Reason in a place of pain
- Making Sense of Suffering
- The Loud Absence: Where is God in Suffering? (UCSB, 2015)
- The Loud Absence (UCD, 2013)
- The Loud Absence (discussion with Margaret Battin, 2013)
- The Loud Absence: Where is God in suffering? (Columbia, 2012)
- Reason in a place of pain (Christian responses to global health issues)
DEBATES / DISCUSSIONS (See also ‘Public Addresses’)
COMMUNICATING ABOUT CHRISTIANITY
IS RELIGION DANGEROUS?
- Eliminating the Impossible: Can a scientist believe in the resurrection? (Easter Message)
- Miracles: Is belief in the supernatural irrational?
- Introduction on Premier Christian Radio
- Who is John Lennox? [Washington Times]
- Interview on the Line of Fire radio show
BOOKS BY JOHN LENNOX
- Against the Flow: The Inspiration of Daniel in an Age of Relativism
- God’s Undertaker: Has Science Buried God?
- God and Stephen Hawking (responding to Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow’s The Grand Design)
- Gunning for God (responding to the new atheism)
- Seven Days That Divide the World (a book examining the interpretation of Genesis 1)
- Older books by John Lennox
- Miracles (a booklet produced from the transcript of John Lennox’s talk on the topic)
- Hat die Wissenschaft Gott begraben? (German)
- Pochova veda boha? (Slovakian)
- Da li je nauka sahranila Boga? (Serbian)
- Răspunzând obiecțiilor și erorilor tipice noilor atei (Romanian)
- Vai zinātne ir apglabājusi Dievu? (Latvian)